Belgian transit plates are necessary to transport a vehicle by road that you have purchased in Belgium towards your home country. These transit plates are the only valid registration tokens, all others are invalid or incorrect:
Belgian transit plates must remain valid for at least 15 days. If they are issued between the first and the 15th day of the month, they will stay valid until the last day of the same month. If they are issued between the 15th and the last day of the month, they remain valid until the end of the next month.
The mandatory Civil Liability Insurance is included together with the plates by means of a valid Green Card which is issued and approved by the Belgian Ministry of Transport (DIV). In order to receive your Belgian transit plates, you must present the following documents:
1. Registration request
Valid until max. two months after the technical control
A. Private invoice accompanied by the Identity Card of the seller, or
B. Invoice of the car dealer, original and printed on official paper (please contact us in case of doubt)
3. Original Identity Document or valid Passport
The buyer may in no case be actively registered into the Belgian Civil Registry.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact us by e-mail or telephone.
Most Belgian transit plates are issued by Bios Transit. Our strength lies in the trust that we have built throughout the years both at official bodies and car dealers. We are specialized in the import and export of vehicles and the obtaining of transit plates.
Bios Transit takes over most of your paper work and takes care of the full package:
- to deliver the mandatory short term insurance with a validity from 2 to 6 weeks;
- to accompany the request at the Belgian Ministry of Transport;
- to obtain your official transit plates extremely fast (in about 1 hour);
- to format the correct customs documents, like PLDA;
- to take care of the technical control of the vehicle;
- to issue the Civil Liability Insurance for 3 or 6 months;
- to issue the Civil Liability Insurance for mandatory short term on the chassis number with a foreign plate.
As an official customs and shipping agent, Bios Transit can assist you with all your import and export questions. All insurances are handled and issued by BVRB, Inc.